Entrepreneurship, Enrichment & Employability
Careers and Ideas
At Cardiff and Vale College we want to equip you with the knowledge and skills that will take you into your dream career. We will help you to develop inventiveness, creativity and business confidence and will also support you by nurturing your ambition, innovation and entrepreneurial mindset.
To do this we have a Careers and Ideas Team who provide Enterprise, Enrichment and Employability and Progression opportunities and guidance.
We are here to support the next generation of entrepreneurs. Be inspired by others, learn about business, develop your ideas and we can help you take the first step to being your own boss.
We are supported by the Welsh Government Youth Entrepreneurship Strategy which aims to provide all learners with an opportunity to develop their entrepreneurial skills.
Find out more visit: https://businesswales.gov.wales/bigideas/
Enrichment gives you the chance to have fun whilst you learn. You can take part in lots of different activities such as debate club, code club, dance, outdoor activities and much more.
We also organise lots of different events which not only develop your employability skills but also introduce you to leading industry experts.
Students can also access dedicated support to set up a club, society or project. In previous years students have led Drama, Welsh, British Sign Language and Code Clubs.
Employability: the ability to gain employment
CAVC Employability & Progression Advisers [EPA] will support you to gain the essential skills to gain employment. The EPA team will:
- Support you to secure work experience e.g.
- Work placement, industry visits, industry challenges, employer led workshops and other work related activities
- Support you to gain employability skills
- Support will be offered on a 1:1 basis and by class/group visits
Progression: opportunities to reach your goals
- Support you in your career planning & choices
- Support you in a smooth transition to either the next level course, to Higher Education, to employment, an Apprenticeship or Traineeship
- Support will be offered on a 1:1 basis and by class visits
If you would like more information, get in touch!
Employability and Progression: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enterprise and Enrichment: Ideas@cavc.ac.uk