Get a higher level of education at Cardiff and Vale College
Cardiff and Vale College (CAVC) is set to hold a series of events aimed at encouraging people to take a Higher Education course.
Cardiff and Vale College offers a range of Higher Education courses in partnership with Welsh universities at a variety of levels from HND right up to postgraduate study with the PGCE. The College has strong partnership links with the University of South Wales, Cardiff Metropolitan University and the University of West London. The CAVC Higher Education Week events will showcase the variety of options available to learners currently studying at Level 3 and looking for further qualifications to help them progress in to their chosen career. These could involve taking a Foundation Degree where you can study at College then take a final top-up year at university, or reminding Foundation Degree learners that they can progress to a full degree by attending the top-up year.
Employability and Progression Advisors, who are dedicated to each area of the CAVC curriculum, will be present at the events to talk people through all matters relating to progression. They will be able to offer advice and support on how to move forward and progress into Higher Education and beyond.
Members of the Student Finance team will be on hand to advise the support available for anyone who intends to progress on to Higher Education. Representatives from the College’s partner universities will also be available to offer advice and support.
There are many reasons to study a higher education course with Cardiff and Vale College. You could benefit from:
- Gaining career-oriented skills and specific industry knowledge to boost your chances of finding your dream career
- The teaching and expertise of the University and the College
- Access to both College and University Facilities
- Staying close to home while you study - save money with less travel and accommodation costs
- A more convenient location to fit in with your work and family life
- Courses taught in smaller group sizes
- Gaining a standalone qualification or having the option to continue your study to gain a full degree
- Being able to study full-time or part-time to fit in with work or other commitments
- Gaining a stand-alone qualification with the opportunity to 'top up' to a Bachelor Degree
HE Week at Cardiff and Vale College will involve the following information events:
8th December – Trowbridge Campus coffee shop, 11am-1pm
9th December – Parade Campus hall, 11am-1pm
11th December – Colcot Road Campus canteen, 11am-1pm
So come along and see what Higher Education could offer you!
For further information, have a look at the courses available on our website www.cavc.ac.uk or contact our Admissions team on 030 30 30 10 10.